Key client benefits
- We designed and negotiated a simplified connection arrangement which saved the client in excess of £500k compared to their original arrangement.
- We diverted a private overhead line that was originally routed through the site and managed all outages to ensure that the businesses being fed did not lose supply.
- A shared electricity and gas trench for the off-site connections was coordinated to minimise costs and reduce the amount of disruption to the local community.
The greenfield site will provide 40MW of back-up generation to the energy distribution network and is adjacent to an existing 20MW diesel generation site which has been in use for the past 5 years. The project is scheduled to take seven months with the new site ready to operate by the end of 2017. The site is currently under construction and our services comprise:
- The design and construction of the electricity grid connection contestable works. Single 40MW tee-off connection to the WPD distribution network.
- The design and construction of the balance of plant – switchgear, transformers, power cabling systems, SCADA/control system, the auxiliary power system and a security system.
- The design and construction of the civil works including ground works, reinforced concrete structures, fencing and access roads.
The installation and commissioning of the 27 GE Jenbacher Generator Sets, and the gas connections, will be undertaken by Green Frog Genovate and Green Frog Gas Utilities respectively. Once operational, the site will be controlled by Green Frog Trading to ensure Capacity Market events are met, and also operates on the open market providing power at times when renewable generation is low, and/or when demand is high.