The Green Frog group of companies are the UK’s leading owner and operator of fast response power generation, providing services directly to National Grid through the STOR and Capacity Mechanisms. The group has in-house capabilities to build and connect the new generation to the grid and is investing heavily in new forms of clean, fast responding power generation technology.
The group is experiencing a high level of growth which is expected to continue for the foreseeable future as large scale, carbon intensive power plants continue to be de-commissioned and high volumes of intermittent renewable energy are brought on line. Our power plants plug the gaps between the old and the new, helping to provide a clean and stable electricity supply.
Green Frog Connect is the construction arm of the group and an accredited Independent Connection Provider (ICP), which allows us to design and build HV electricity networks at voltages up 132,000 volts. We take each project from concept, through detailed civil, electrical and mechanical design, construction, commissioning and finally handover to one of our sister companies for operation and maintenance.
Green Frog Connect also works for external clients either acting as ICP or EPC for new build renewable and conventional power generation. We have become one of the leading companies specialising in this sector and are the go-to people for clients looking for complex schemes to be connected to the grid within challenging timescales. In the last year alone we have connected over 200MW of power generation to the grid, and have a further 200MW in design and construction.
We are looking for highly motivated people to join our team at this exciting time, to grow and prosper within the company. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Tendering to convert pipeline opportunities in the electricity connections, power distribution and power generation industries into winning bids/order closure to meet the Business Strategy.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Develop and coordinate contract winning solutions considering pricing and commercial strategy to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Maintaining records of all the incoming and outgoing enquiries, making sure deadlines are met.
- Issuing technical queries to the relevant parties and logging them in the system.
- Sending out pricing enquires to suppliers and sub-contractors and ensuring they are returned on time
- Producing estimate, proposals and tender return packages for final submission to the client, in accordance with best practice and business processes. This will involve working closely with the design and construction teams and the Head of Tendering.
- Challenge convention and explore all avenues to meet customer expectations and minimise business risk and costs.
- Develop the technical, commercial and financial solution as the bid progresses. Work closely with Head of Tendering and design team to ensure a thorough understanding of the solution and customer needs.
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure they understand the opportunities, agree with the technical solution to ensure we can deliver the commitments being offered.
- Liaising and providing support to project team during the construction of the project where required.
Candidates should either have a minimum of a 2:1 in an engineering/technology subject or have at least two years working in a similar role.
Training and development
Successful candidates will be offered on the job training in a number of business areas including design, project management, and commercial management as necessary.
If desired we will offer formal training and industry specific qualifications to allow you to progress to charted engineer status.
The position attracts a starting salary of between £25,000 – £35,000 (depending on experience) and the following benefits will be offered:
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Bonus scheme related to personal and company performance
- IET membership fees paid
- Private healthcare scheme
Working hours are generally 8:30am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
The position will be based out of our Weston-super-Mare office.
Application procedures CVs to be emailed with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org