Green Frog Connect is an accredited Independent Connection Provider (ICP), which allows us to design and build HV electricity networks at voltages up 132,000 volts. We take each project from concept, through detailed civil, electrical and mechanical design, construction, commissioning and finally handover to the client.
To meet our ambitious growth plans, we are currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join the team located in our Weston-super-Mare office.
The role preferably requires experience in the design of HV connections to
- Prepare electrical design for HV substations to relevant standards up to 132kV
- Prepare HV and LV equipment specification up to 132kV
- Produce required calculations
- Provide assistance and tender support
- Engaging with clients, customers, suppliers, contractors and DNO’s in a professional manner
- Liaise with manufacturers during design, installation
- Travel within the UK may be required for the role with some occasional overnight stays
- Ensure project compliance with all relevant standards and health & Safety requirements
- Degree or BTEC/HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working for a DNO,
IDNO, ICP or utility company.
- Understanding low and high voltage (up to 132kV) electrical systems and design
- Ability to use AutoCAD
- Ability to use Excel for calculations
- Knowledge of work to DNO G81 design standards
- Member of IET (Preferred)
To apply, please send your CV to Tom Drake, Commercial Director, via T.Drake@greenfrogconnect.co.uk