Green Frog Connect is an accredited Independent Connection Provider (ICP), which allows us to design and build HV electricity networks at voltages up 132,000 volts. We take each project from concept, through detailed civil, electrical and mechanical design, construction, commissioning and finally handover to the client.
We specialise in connecting new build renewable and conventional power generation and can act as both the ICP and balance of plant (BoP) contractor. We have become one of the leading companies specialising in this sector and are the go-to people for clients looking to connect complex schemes with challenging timescales to the grid. In the last year alone we have connected over 200MW of power generation.
We are seeking Graduate Electrical Design Engineers to join the team located in our Weston-super-Mare office.
The role preferably requires experience in the design of HV connections to DNO standards, working closely with the design team the candidate will be primarily supporting the tendering team. Understanding of power system calculations will be advantageous. Salary will be dependent on experience up to £27,000 per annum initially. Training will be provided and opportunities to develop into a Design Engineer for
- Prepare electrical design for HV substations to relevant standards
- Prepare HV and LV equipment specification
- Produce required calculations
- Provide assistance and tender support
- Engaging with clients, customers, suppliers, contractors, DNO’s in a professional manner
- Liaise with manufacturers during design, installation
- Travel may be required for the role with some occasional overnight stays
- Ensure project compliance with all relevant standards and health & Safety requirements
- Degree or BTEC HNC/HND in Electrical engineering.
- Ability to use AutoCAD
- Ability to use Excel for calculations
To apply, please send your CV to Tom Drake, Commercial Director, via T.Drake@greenfrogconnect.co.uk