Green Frog Connect is an accredited Independent Connection Provider (ICP), which allows us to design and build HV electricity networks at voltages up 132,000 volts. We take each project from concept, through detailed civil, electrical and mechanical design, construction, commissioning and finally handover to the client.
We specialise in connecting new build renewable and conventional power generation and can act as both the ICP and balance of plant (BoP) contractor. We have become one of the leading companies specialising in this sector and are the go-to people for clients looking to connect complex schemes with challenging timescales to the grid. In the last year alone we have connected over 200MW of power generation.
We are seeking Graduate Electrical Design Engineers to join the team located in our Weston-super-Mare office.
The successful candidate will be working with the design team also will be supporting the tendering team. Understanding of power system calculations will be advantageous. Training will be provided and opportunities to develop into a Design Engineer for the suitable candidate with further support to achieve Chartered Engineer status. In addition to the generous market leading salary, the company offers health and life insurance, pension and a bonus scheme. The office is located within easy reach of the M5 and offer unrestricted free car park.
- Prepare electrical designs for HV substations
- Prepare HV and LV equipment specifications
- Produce required calculations
- Provide assistance and tender support
- Engaging with clients, customers, suppliers, contractors, DNO’s in a professional manner
- Liaise with manufacturers during design, installation and commissioning
- Travel may be required for the role with some occasional overnight stays
- Ensure project compliance with all relevant standards and health & safety requirements
- Degree with electrical engineering modules
- Ability to use AutoCAD
- Ability to use Excel for calculations
To apply, please send your CV to Maciej Milewicz via email@example.com