Key client benefits
- Re-design of client private network to remove the need for a central power transformer which reduced costs and increased the resiliency of the site.
- In 2017, a second phase to the project was completed which added an extra 20MW of gas generation. Spare ducts installed for the electricity connection during phase one were utilised during this phase helping reduce costs and disruptive roadworks to the local area.
Completed in February 2013, this 20MW diesel power station gives provision for additional active power from generation and/or demand reduction. Our services comprised:
- Design, Project Management and Construction for the new contestable works
- Installation of 33kV metering substation
- Associated jointing, excavation and cable pulling works
- Project Management of non-contestable works
Green Frog Trading now dispatch the plant to ensure Capacity Market events are met, and also operates on the open market providing power at times when renewable generation is low, and/or when demand is high.